An iPhone 4 burst into flames and was caught on video.


A video of an iPhone 4 set on fire after being charged overnight is heating up the Internet.

Brian & Jennifer Leisgang recently shared a video of their iPhone 4 exploding on Facebook. The video is from a Google Home product that is always set to recording mode. Describing their experience, the family said they were lucky that the iPhone 4 did not set the house on fire. They said the children charged the device overnight, which caused the explosion while they slept.

In the video, the iPhone 4 was engulfed in flames, but eventually extinguished itself. The Leisgang family said their kitchen counter was recently cleared of papers and textbooks.

An iPhone 4 fire can be caused by a number of reasons including an extended battery, manufacturer defect, third party charger and possible overheating. Even a decades-old iPhone 4 can be a factor in terms of battery management.

Leave a Comment